This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

1. Cooler Weather

This Alabama heat has averaged in the 90s these past few weeks, causing us to arrive to class sweaty and in dire need of water just from the small hike made from our dorms (or apartments) to class. Needless to say, you’re lying if you say you’re not ready for cooler weather.

2. Pumpkin, Pumpkin, and More Pumpkin

While the beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte made its return to our local Starbucks earlier this month, there are many more pumpkin flavored, scented, and themed things to get excited about. In need of some new candles for your apartment? Try Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle. In need of a little fall makeover? Go downtown to Wrapsody for some cute pumpkin decorations and more!

3. Leggings. Who doesn’t love leggings?

Admit it, even if you do not like the whole leggings fashion trend, you like leggings. Say goodbye to your backpack causing your Nike shorts to ride up while walking to class. Fall means leggings, and we are all excited about it.

4. Boots

As the weather gets colder, our style shifts into the next season—part of this being footwear. Boots alone are enough to get us excited for fall. Dress up your gameday outfit with a nice pair of riding boots, over-the-knee boots, or even short ankle booties. The options are endless!

5. Halloween

This year the cherished holiday falls on a Monday. However, that just means we have an entire “Halloweekend” to celebrate before that, right? Check out the Party City in Tigertown for some cute costumes and accessories. If you cannot find anything there, open up that Amazon Prime account we as college students so fortunately get for free, and look for some fun pieces to dress up your outfit.

6. Falling Leaves

The change in leaves is one of the most beautiful parts of the season. It almost seems as if the campus gets prettier and prettier with the change of season. What is more fun than grabbing a few friends and jumping in a huge pile of leaves when you have nothing else to do?

7. Thanksgiving

Going home for a week. Sleeping in your own bed. Home-cooked meals (and the leftovers). The Iron Bowl. Need I say more?

8. The Return of Your Favorite Shows

There are numerous fall season premiers: American Horror Story, The Blacklist, Grey’s Anatomy, and so much more. Don’t forget to check what Netflix is adding these next few months; it could be the next season of a show you want to binge watch or even a movie you haven’t seen in forever and have been dying to watch.