This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Is nothing going on on-campus this weekend? Want to get out and enjoy the nice weather? Rather than sitting at home, grab a group of friends, your car, and do something different—even if it is just for a day. Check out these easy drives for a fun road-trip that you and your friends will enjoy!

Birmingham

As an Auburn student, there is a good chance that if you are not from the Birmingham area, you know of someone who is. Birmingham is an eclectic, cute city about 2 hours away. Many people enjoy the unique stores downtown and the delicious restaurants and coffee shops. If you are needing a change of scenery or a change in pace, even just for a day, round-up a group of your close friends and head to Bham!

Atlanta

Just an hour and a half to 2 hours away is the bustling city of Atlanta, Georgia. Need new outfits for the spring? Check out The Shops at Buckhead or Lenox Square. Searching for a fun date idea for you and your significant other? Spend a day at the Georgia Aquarium or the World of Coke. Maybe even see what musical groups are coming into town that day and buy tickets for a concert. A must-see on nearly all Atlanta residents list is Ponce City Market—a cool area with fun shops and restaurants.

Providence Canyon State Park

This unique setting is located about an hour and a half away from Auburn, just across the Georgia border in Lumpkin, GA. The park is open daily and accommodates people with all interests. Things to do at Providence Canyon include hiking 3 miles worth of trails, canyon climbing, backpacking, picnicking, and of course, testing out your photography skills.

Lake Martin

This body of water is less than an hour away from Auburn’s campus and offers visitors the ability to do any kind of water sport. Boating, kayaking, jet skiing, and even just swimming are a few of the numerous activities available to people. Bored of the pool at your apartment complex? Take a day off and go to Lake Martin!

The Gulf Coast

This southern coastline is a three or four hour drive from the Plains and home to numerous beaches. Travelers are often attracted to Destin, Panama City Beach, Pensacola, and Gulf Shores. Not looking for an eventful, crazy time, but rather a relaxing weekend away? Consider Seaside, Alabama. A residential beach, home to more families and adults.

Opelika

If you are really not feeling sitting in a car for hours on the weekend, consider heading down 85 for a few minutes to lovely Opelika. This is a great place to shop around and eat somewhere you usually never go to.