This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s officially autumn, everyone’s favorite time of year. Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner, and who doesn’t love the changing leaves and perfect weather? Here are a few ways to get into the fall spirit in Auburn.

1. Get out and enjoy nature.

Nothing gets me in the autumn spirit better than just enjoying the fresh air, the cool weather, and that “fall smell”. Take some time to walk around our beautiful campus and crunch some leaves under your shoes. You can even rent bikes with a couple of friends through Auburn’s bike share program and have a ride around campus. Go to Starbucks, grab your favorite hot drink (PSL), and set up your hammock on Samford Lawn. Also, the state park in Auburn is a popular place to visit all year round, and especially when the leaves are turning and the weather is just right for hiking and hammocking. Gather up some friends to go and enjoy the cool fall weather at Chewacla. It’s only $4 per person to get in all day.

2. Decorate your dorm or apartment for Halloween.

This is personally my favorite thing to do. If you live in a dorm, make sure you can decorate your door and go all out! Go with your roommate to shop for decorations and transform your room or apartment into Halloweentown. Nothing will get you in the autumn spirit like decorating for a fun holiday. So deck out your dorm in spooky skeletons, jack-o-lanterns, and orange and black lights. There are tons and tons of DIY decorating ideas to try!

3. Go to a pumpkin patch or haunted house.

If you’re like me and love Halloween, one of the most fun things to do with friends is going and getting scared out of your minds at a haunted house. Nothing takes your mind off of midterms better than going through a maze filled with zombies and chainsaw killers. There’s lots of haunted hayrides and mazes to go to around Auburn and Opelika that are open every weekend during the Halloween season. If getting spooked isn’t your thing, visit a pumpkin patch to get in the autumn spirit! You and your friends can go to pick out a pumpkin to carve and decorate.

4. Cheer on Auburn at a football game!

This almost goes without saying. If you’re an Auburn student, the word ‘fall’ is synonymous with ‘football’. Nothing gets me in the fall spirit better than seeing those white tents pop up before a home game. Deck out in your orange and blue and spend those autumn Saturdays tailgating and cheering on the Tigers!

Lexi is from Arab, Alabama and is happy to call Auburn University home. She is a freshman majoring in English Lanuage Arts Education. She eats too much popcorn and spends too much money. Likes: dogs, Halloween, theatre, and Harry Potter. Dislikes: 8 ams & mean people. War eagle!!!!!!