alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

25 Ways College is like Working at Dunder Mifflin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Our favorite paper company (Dunder Mifflin Paper Company of The Office) has been out of commission for a couple of years now, but there are still lessons we can learn from the beloved characters and ridiculous antics on this fantastic show, and most of them apply mostly to college students. Here are 25 reasons college is exactly like working at Dunder Mifflin with Michael, Jim, Pam and all the rest!

1.     When you have a presentation during class that you forgot to prepare for.

2.     When you are in a group project and the other group members don’t do any work. 

3.     When you’re too deep in procrastination and you can’t stop. 

4.     When your teacher tells you that you’re going to need to study harder for your next test.

5.     When college gets too intense, and you think about dropping out and getting a job.

6.     When you skip class 2 days in a row. 

7.     When you’re leaving a really hard class for the last time. 

8.     When you have a long weekend and you just want to take a trip. 

9.     When you realize football is going to be on this weekend. 

10.    When you realize how good you look before going out with your friends on the weekend. 

11.    When you’re feeling cute and want to hint at that cute guy across the bar. 

12.    When you want to go out with your roommate but she just wants to stay in. 

13.    When your friends go out without telling you. 

14.    When you’re sick of your friends calling you late at night to be their designated driver. 

15.    When you’re just not having the partying life that week. 

16.    When your friends decide to post that questionable photo of you from Friday night on every form of social media possible. 

17.    When you get tired of people doing stupid social media trends. 

18.    When you see a really cute guy across the classroom. 

19.    When a cute guy tells you he wants to come over.

20.    When you haven’t been on a date in a while and your friends keep trying to set you up with gross guys. 

21.    When your best friend gets engaged and you fall back in love with love. 

22.    When you get back from your study abroad experience and it’s all you can talk about. 

23.    When your roommate leaves dirty dishes everywhere for days on end. 

24.    When you realize that you’ll be away from your college friends for the whole Christmas break. 

25.     When you graduate and you drive away from the campus for the last time. 

Meghan is a senior at Auburn majoring in microbiology and minoring in journalism. She has been a contributing writer for Her Campus since her freshman year of college, and she absolutely loves it! Her life is made up of alternating periods of stress and relaxation, but full of joy. She loves octopi, Dr. Pepper and strong jawlines.