This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, there is major pressure to find the perfect costume. Sure, you can wear that same princess costume (AKA a tutu and tiara) as last year, or you can find a new and creative idea to DIY here!

1. 101 Dalmatians

You can get all your friends to join in on this one! Just wear an all-white outfit and tape black paper dots to yourself.  Show off your playful side by carrying around a dog toy or two.

2. Alice in Wonderland

All this outfit calls for is a light blue dress, a white apron and a black bow for your hair. No blond hair necessary to fall down the rabbit hole!

3. Gumball Machine

For a nostalgic costume, a cute gumball dispenser is the way to go. All you need is a red skirt, a bag of colored pom poms and a shirt to glue them to. Bonus points if you hand out real gumballs to friends!

4. Hippie

Are you a lover, not a fighter? Find your cutest flowered or fringed clothing, add a flower crown, and pose with your peace sign for the mellowest costume out there.

5. Holy Cow or Oh Deer

There are two options here: you can dress like a cow with wings and a halo or you can dress like a deer and add a big “Oh” to yourself. Either way you go, it makes a cute play on words. All your punny friends will love it. 

6. Jellyfish

Pick this electric costume and shock everyone with how simple it is! Use a clear or colored umbrella as the base, and then add ribbon, streamers, or other dangly things for the stingers.

7. Red Riding Hood

Don a red cape, carry a picnic basket, and skip around with the delicious treats for your grandma (or yourself). Just watch out for the Big Bad Wolf! Bonus points if your SO is the Big Bad Wolf. 

8. Mary Poppins

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down… At least when you’ve got a black umbrella, a black skirt, a white button down shirt, a red bow tie, white gloves, black pantyhose and a black hat to go with it!

9. Minnie Mouse

For this Disney classic, mouse ears can be made out of cardboard (or re-used from your childhood trip to Disney!). Wear a red skirt and black top finish off this classy look.

10. Pineapple

If you’re still feeling the summer vibe in October, then a sunny pineapple costume made with a bright yellow dress and green stem headband will suit you best!

11. Snowman

If winter is more of your season, a snowman costume is for you! Just layer a colored scarf over a white outfit, and then attach black paper dots for your buttons.

12. Stawberry

If your friends call you the sweetest one in the bunch, then a strawberry costume put together with a red dress and green stem headband is the pick for you.

Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.