andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Places to Inspire Your Wanderlust

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

If you’re anything like me, an 18 year-old girl living life to the fullest and studying hard in the loveliest village on the plains, then I am so sure that you have a desire to seek out the world. When I think of this, the word wanderlust pops into my head. Wanderlust, such a beautiful word, meaning a strong desire to travel or wander the world. But when I say I want to travel, I don’t mean Hawaiian shirt, baggy shorts, high socks and tennis shoes, binoculars, and a straw hat (a tourist), I don’t want resorts, tour guides, and tacky souvenirs. I want to travel to see things from a new perspective. I want to enter another country and feel lost to try to become a part of it. I want to roam the streets and discover hidden gems. I want to interact with people who are not the same as me, but who I can admire all the same. I want to take pictures of every little awe inspiring thing I see. I want to look at life from a new perspective and be in awe at life on Earth. I want to be transformed by people I meet, the places I see, and the things I’ve done. I want to leave a little bit of my heart and soul in each and every place I go.

With this said, look at these 10 places I have every intention of traveling to and have wanted to for sometime…who knows, maybe you’ll find it in your heart to go too (p.s. My list of must-sees is WAY longer than just 10, so you can imagine how hard this was too choose which to display)!

Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia

Known for: gorgeous waterfalls connecting lakes that lead into a canyon

Kawachi Wisteria Garden, Japan

Known for: wisteria flowers in varying colors that form a magical tunnel

Santorini, Greece

Known for: cities clinging to cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea

Telluride, Colorado

Known for: the Bridal Veil Falls, a 365-foot waterfall at the end of the box canyon overlooking the city

Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona

Known for: deep canyons showing layered bands of red rock that reveal millions of years of history

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Known for: elaborate Buddhist temples and the incredible/interactive Elephant Nature Park 

Nairobi, Kenya

Known for: wildlife nature reserves, urban city life and Giraffe Manor, an adorable hotel and giraffe sanctuary 

Patagonia, Chile

Known for: icy glacial fjords and temperate rainforests that share a border with Argentina and the southern section of the Andes mountains

Scarborough Bluffs, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Known for: bluffs located on the shoreline of Lake Ontario full of parks and majestic views of the lake

Kayangan Lake, Coron Islands, Palawan, Philippines

Known for: adventurous caves, lagoons and inlets that are surrounded by crystal clear blue water 

Now, go get lost and find yourself.

Lily Haire

Auburn '21

Lily is a junior seeking a Marketing degree here at Auburn University. This is her third year with Her Campus and she LOVES it!  When she isn't studying hard and working on Her Campus, she enjoys jamming to music in the car, working as a staff member for the Glomerata, reading all things F. Scott Fitzgerald, eating peanut butter straight outta the jar, and watching Netflix. Some of her favorite things include sunsets, beaches, good food, and cuddling with her goldendoodle and german shepherd pups.