bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Ways to Practice Self Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Self care is really important because the best relationship you will ever have is the one that you have with yourself. Self care become really important when you go through tough times in your life. It’s the difference between feeling that you have a storm cloud over your head and being at peace with yourself. With that being said here are five ways you can practice self care. 

Create something

Drawing, painting, baking – making anything really, can be a form of self care. Making something can draw attention away from whatever negativity is clouding your mind. It makes you focus on your talents rather than focusing on what is going wrong in your life at the moment.

Breathing 
Something as simple as breathing can make you feel a thousand times better. Doing some deep breathing exercises for about 5 to 10 minutes can relax your mood and help release some of the bad tension out of your body.

Get moving!
Go run, go for a walk, go on a hike, go to the gym. Doing any sort of cardio releases endorphins which elevate your mood and make your body feel better.

Take a bath or shower  

Taking a bath or a shower is a good form of self care because it gives you an opportunity to reflect on your feelings and relax them away. You can use bath bombs, nice smelling soaps and shampoos to make the experience more comforting. 

Keep a journal

Keeping a journal is really important for self care because it gives you a safe place to release your emotions. It’s always better to have an outlet for your thoughts and feelings rather than bottling them all up. 

Freshman studying Sports Journalism! Lover of coffee, cats, and animals dressed as people
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.