This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

No matter what day it is, I usually have a go-to-routine that I have gotten fast at and makes me feel well prepared for the day. Everyone’s may vary, but having a go to everyday look makes mornings less hectic when you have a system down. Special thanks to my roomie for letting me do her makeup.!

1. The first thing I do every morning before I put on my makeup is I moisturize. I use Olay Classic Lotion and it has SPF 15. Having a moisturizer with sunscreen is important because it protects your skin as well as hydrates.

2. Next step for me is concealer, I use a shade a little lighter than my skin tone right now I have been using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I typically make an upside down triangle shape under my eyes and cover spots where necessary, and use a sponge to blend.

3. When the weather is getting warmer, I switch my foundation from liquid to powder. Right now, the powdered foundation that is my go to has been BareMinerals. I have found that powdered foundation is going to stay a lot longer throughout the day and you have more control on how much coverage you want depending on how many layers you do.

4. Next step for me is a powdered bronzer. I make a three shape starting from the forehead then underneath the cheekbone and then along the jawline.

5. For my final steps, I apply mascara. My personal favorite is the Better Than Sex by Too Faced. I add a little lip moisturizer and lastly, I use a finishing spray.

Hello, I am currently a student at Arizona State University. Working towards a major in Political Science and I'm minoring in American Indian Studies and Communciation. I love the outdoors, sports, shopping, and hanging out with friends and family. Instagram- shaniya_decker
Kathleen Leslie is a freshman at Arizona State University, studying political science and communications. She was born in August, (a typical Leo), in Chicago, Illinois but has since moved all over the world. Though, she considers Australia and Orange County, California, her home. Kathleen is a part of the 'I Am That Girl' club on ASU's campus and in addition, works as a communications aide for ASU. In her free time, she likes to shop, sail and hang out with friends, (hoping it always involves something with food). Kathleen Leslie is also the current campus correspondent for Her Campus ASU.