This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Whether you’re a freshman, a transfer student or literally anyone who goes here, there is one thing you must know: the slang terms often heard around campus here at the University of Arizona. I guarantee you will become lost in a conversation at some point or another without knowing this key lingo. I’ll admit, I was guilty of not knowing what some of these words meant when I first came to the U of A and I was thoroughly confused. So without further adieu, here is a list of the slang that is so essential in the daily life of every (or at least most) Wildcats:

1. Shacking

The act of sleeping over at any boy’s fraternity or house etc. and performing the oh-so embarrassing walk of shame. Often heard in phrases such as: “I shacked with him last night.”

2. Shacker Shirt

Closely related to the previous term, shacker. A shacker shirt of whichever fraternity you slept at is often handed out to wear on your walk of shame home in place of your going out clothes.

3. Sugar Shack, The Alamo, The Boathouse etc.

Every fraternity seems to give a name to all of their off campus houses (don’t ask me why, I couldn’t answer that myself). Often used in sentences such as “pool party at the shack today,” “late night at the boathouse,” and so on.

4. Late night

Pretty much self-explanatory, this word simply refers to any party that begins after 11p.m.

5. Weekender

A free trip to Vegas.

6. Cooler

What you must paint and decorate for your date if you are invited on one of these said weekenders.

7. Dirty T

A nickname for our oh-so-lavish Tucson, Arizona.

8. T-loc

The name referring to the portion of our student body who is originally from Tucson.

9. The Dale

Nickname for those from Scottsdale.

10. The Bay

If they keep using the word “hella,” odds are they’re from the Bay.

11. Hella

An odd way of saying the word “very.” Often heard in phrases such as, “that party was hella tight.”

12. FBR

An excuse to go to Scottsdale for the weekend with friends and get hammered while watching a golf tournament.

13. Beat

If someone calls you this, just a word of advice – don’t be friends with them.