This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Below are 5 restaurants in Tucson for those who want a break from the UA meal plan vendors. Note that price and quality of service are not factors in my list.

1. Lindy’s on 4th

The restaurant is not for students who are vegetarian. The menu features unique combinations of burger toppings. The restaurant offers the “OMFG Challange.” Customers who finish the 3-pound burger in 20 minutes or less get the meal for free. The restaurant featured on multiple food TV shows My favorite burger is the Blue Suede Cow.  500 N 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705

2. Illegal Pete’s

The restaurant is a quick service Mexican restaurant. They offer bowls and burritos. Customers can add whichever ingredients they like The ingredients are fresh and quality. I recommend including guacamole or Queso sauce for your next meal.  876 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719

3. Jimmy’s Pita & Poke

The restaurant is a quick service salad, pita a poke bowl restaurant. The pita’s and salads taste good. This restaurant makes a list because they allow students more access to fresh vegetables on weekends(Panda Express is the next best option). I have never tried the poke bowls, but maybe this article will convince you to do what I say not as I do. I will try the poke bowls some day.  845 E University Blvd #175, Tucson, AZ 85719

4. Red’s Smoke House and Tap Room

The restaurant is a classic American barbeque restaurant. The menu has slow-cooked meats and side dishes. I recommend the beef brisket. 943 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719

5. No Anchovies

The restaurant is known for pizza. However, I would order the Cajun style boneless wings and the Greek salad with or without grilled chicken. When I get pizza, I usually select pesto chicken. 870 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719

Photo by Travis Yewell / Unsplash