This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Name:Tom Turkey
Nickname:Tom-Tom
Age:40 years
Home Town: The Free Range, but his giant rolling replica was created in New York City.
Tom’s Extracurricular Activities:Turkey Trot, Vegan Club, PETA Supporter
What’s Tom’s Most Awkward Moment?:When his feather’s get plucked!
Where Does Tom Hangout Before the Macy’s Day Parade?:Tom’s giant replica which is a rolling float will be with his inflated friends a day before the parade, Wednesday November 23. Their location of inflation for their big debut is 77th and 81st streets in New York City. Tom himself will not be present Thanksgiving Day; due to an annual “day of silence,” when he goes to a secret location, dedicated to his deceased and soon to be deceased family and friends.
Tom’s Favorite Sport:Bowling, because he easily gets three strikes in a row. Piece of Pie!
Tom’s Relationship Status: He’s always looking just listen for his gobbling mating call!

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.