This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Society has deemed the need for so many girls to feel as though they need to put a full face of makeup on every single day. I can admit I was once guilty of feeling like this and would never leave the house unless I had at least a little bit of foundation and mascara on. One of the most valuable things I have learned in college is that makeup is overrated. You don’t need makeup to be considered beautiful, and there are many perks to not wearing it every single day.

1. Clear Skin

Foundations, concealers and powders can be bad for our complexion. While some products are very natural, most have the power to lead to a breakout. When you are experiencing a breakout most people want to want to hide it with concealer, which ultimately can make it worse therefore it is a never-ending cycle.

2. Save money

The less you wear makeup, the less you will have to go out and buy it. If you use foundation every single day you will run out much faster and end up spending more money on it more frequently.

3. Save time

Makeup can be very time consuming. If you are the opposite of a morning person like me, not wearing makeup to class is one of the greatest things because you get to sleep in longer and have more time in the morning to do other things.

4. Look bangin’

If people are used to seeing you with a fresh face, you will look even more bangin’ when you have your makeup done for a night out.

I’m not saying I don’t love makeup and trying new products because that is very false, but not wearing makeup everyday certainly has its perks!