Nine November Night You Can’t Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Homecoming and halloweek is a wrap and here we are – the last full month of school before we leave for winter break. If you’re like me, you’re probably looking at your grades on d2l and dreading the last few weeks of the semester as you try to boost them or keep them or protect them. Don’t fret- there is more to look forward to than you think. Here is a list of nine November nights you simply can’t miss!

1. Chris D’Elia

Chris D’Elia the well-known comedian is coming to Tucson to perform his own stand up comedy show at Centennial Hall on campus! Tickets are available online for the show that begins at 8:00pm on November 7th.

2. Arizona Football vs. USC

Although this game is away, it is a big one and a must see. As we lost to USC during the family weekend football game last fall of 2014, our wildcats are out for revenge! Watch the game with family or friends this Saturday, November 7th, at 8:30pm.

3. Melanoma Walk 2015

Melanoma is a serious type of skin cancer that can even be deadly with close to 74,000 new cases this year. If you know anyone personally affected by this disease or just want to help out the cause and give back to the community, head on out to the annual Melanoma Walk of 2015 held November 7th at 2:00pm. It is an easy 1.5 mile walk that is even pet friendly! !

4. Basketball Season

Basketball season here at the U of A is one that is anticipated by many fans for months. Don’t miss the opportunity to cheer on your favorite wildcat players as they play Chico State at home this Sunday, November 8th, and 6:00pm.

5. Tucson Color Vibe 5k Run

Interested in getting blasted with color while you run with your family and friends? Buy your tickets to be involved in the Tucson Color Vibe 5k run on November 14th! This run will be held at the Tucson Convention Center beginning at 9:00am.

6. Free Hatha Yoga Class

Looking to unwind after a long day of classes and stress? Free hatha yoga will be held November 12th and 19th at 5:15pm at the UA College of Nursing in Room 117. Hatha yoga is a gentle yoga that all levels and ages of people are able to participate in!

7. Pixar in Concert

Looking to relive your childhood for a night? At the Tucson Music Hall, the Tucson Symphony Orchestra will be playing a compilation of music from 13 feature films of Pixar. Come out to this event and enjoy some great music on November 28th at 4:00pm!

8. Gallagher Theatre

Haven’t had the time or chance to see Amy, Ant-Man, or Straight Outta Compton yet? These three newly released films will be showing at the Gallagher Theatre located in the bottom of the Student Union throughout the month of November. Grab a friend or a loved one for a little date night!

9. Thanksgiving Break

Last but not least, who isn’t looking forward to having a little break from all the U of A madness to go home and celebrate this special holiday with family or friends? Use this time to spend with the people you love and simply get a break from all the hard work you’ve been doing – you deserve it. 

Edited by: Meryl Engle