Monsoon Season at the U of A

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Monsoon season is a time of year in which the atmospheric winds and wind pressure are in transition, typically between seasons. This leads to lots of heavy rain and windstorms.

At the University of Arizona, monsoon season is in full swing right when everyone is moving back to Tucson to start the school year, lasting until around October. While monsoons may sound like a pain to deal with, anyone who goes to U of A knows that they are a God-send when the low temperature on the weather forecast is a steamy 98 degrees. Going to school in a desert has its perks, however returning to the lovely University of Arizona would not be the same without these crazy, ten minute storms. They are a great excuse to break out the rain boots (unless you want your flip flops floating down 2nd street), and an even better excuse to pretend it’s cold out and stay curled up in bed all day with a good book… or Netflix. 

Hey guys! I am a junior at the University of Arizona, AKA heaven on earth. I am studying communication and fashion retail, and love all things creative. When I'm not studying, you can find me attempting new Pinterest recipes, planning trips, surfing Vogue.com, and watching old Laguna Beach episodes.