James Mills and “Evil Fudd”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Name: James Mills
Hometown: Tucson, Ariz.
Year: Sophomore
Major: Business Administration

James has spent the past six years writing, performing, and recording his own music. Having put his band together in the 9th grade, Evil Fudd had spend most of their early days playing in coffee shops. This next year they are planning to finish recording and release their second album.

HC: Introduce us to your band.
James: I am the lead guitarist and vocals, Ryan Philips (sophomore) plays bass and sings backing vocals, and Patrick White (sophomore) is our drummer.

HC: What is ILLMUSIC Recording?
James: When the band and I started recording there really weren’t any affordable studios, my junior year of high school I opened up this recording studio and offered inexpensive recording services. Over time we’ve been able to build on to the studio.

HC: Would this be a potential career in the future?
James: I feel like if I were to make my passion my career I wouldn’t enjoy it as much. I’d rather spend time recording other bands and helping them along the way while I keep playing for pure enjoyment.

HC: Do you come from a musical family?
James: When I was growing up my dad had a funk band called “JIVE” I would go to all his shows. Once he brought me up on stage to sing “Basket Case” by Green Day and since then I’ve loved the stage.

HC: What can we look forward to with this next album?
James: We’re steering away from our “pop” sound we had in our first album and are more so creating music with an experimental sound while still sticking to pop/rock.

The music of “Evil Fudd” and their first released album can be found on iTunes. Follow them on Facebook to find out where and when their upcoming shows will be. They are one band you’ll want to keep an ear for. 

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.
Yael Schusterman is a journalism senior at the University of Arizona. She has freelanced for half a dozen publications and is ready to transition from a print to an online focus. She maintains a permanent residence in New Jersey and her goal is to live in Manhattan. The AP wire has picked up one of her stories, "Theft at gallery yields sale to help artists," as member enterprise while working for The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. She looks forward to working with the Her Campus Team and spreading awareness on the UA campus.