Campus Celebrity: Ella Anguiano

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Ella Anguiano works in a research greenhouse at the Controlled Environment Agriculture Center growing tomatoes. Her goal is to one-day name a new variety of tomato. She is also the president of the women’s water polo team, which can be found practicing at the Rec every Monday-Thursday and on Sundays.

Name: Ella Anguiano

Age: 21

Major: Biosystems Engineering

Hometown: Kent, Washington

Cookies or cake?: Definitely cookies!

Heels or flats?: Flats. I like the versatility of flats in any situation.

Favorite movie: I like “Perks of Being a Wallflower”. That’s a good one I saw recently. I really like “Megamind” though.

How did you get involved with water polo? My oldest sister played for a long time, then I decided I wanted to play too. I’ve always liked to swim. I didn’t want to give it up when I got to college. It’s a lot of fun playing in tournaments.

What’s your favorite thing about the sport? I like that you can be really aggressive with somebody and then hop out of the pool and be like ‘great game’ and still be okay with each other.

Favorite thing about the UA?: I like that it’s in a nice location, and it has some really unique things.

Post-graduation plans: I want to be a wastewater engineer. The process is really interesting; I like knowing things about our infrastructure that most people don’t know about. The behind-the-scenes action is interesting stuff. 

Hi, I'm Taylor! I'm a junior at the UA studying journalism and Spanish. My favorite hobbies are sleeping, writing, and drinking coffee!