books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Easy Stress Busters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

It’s that time in the semester, midterm time. There is only six and a half weeks left of the fall semester and professors are piling on work and tests. Midterms is a time to check in with your professors about what your current grade is and hoping for the best for the rest of the semester. A popular thing to do among students is to ask their professors if there is any extra credit to boost that percentage up a little bit. This is the time you might also be wondering what future grades you will need to receive in order to get the goal grade you are striving for. This time of year can be a little stressful, but have no fear, the stressbusters are here!

1. Eat

Eating can give you an energy boost that will help you stay focused on the activities you are doing and who doesn’t love eating?

2. Exercise

Exercise has many benefits on the brain and boosts for your body. When you exercise your body releases endorphins which help relieve stress. So maybe go to campus recreation if you are in the mood to sweat the stress away.

3. Pet Puppies

Puppies always make people happy. Students often times miss their pets, sometimes during finals or midterm weeks, universities bring in therapy dogs for students to play with and this relieves a little bit of stress going into exams.

4. Manage your study time

Write down a schedule for yourself on what days to study for which subject and for how long. Planning out your time reduces stress because you do not have to focus on studying for that one test all day and can do other things you enjoy and can budget your time well.

5. Talk to your friends

Friends always offer some of the best support and encouragement. Hang out with them for a little bit, grab some coffee and enjoy each others company, maybe they will even offer to study with you!

Midterms can be stressful, but hopefully these stressbusters will help you. You are going to do so well on all of your tests! You’ve got this!

Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.