You’ll Probably Want Her as a BFF: Meet D. Fly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Between eating Tapp cheese fries and studying 25 hours a week, you may find Dalton Flynn planning her sorority’s recruitment  weekends for next semester

On Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m to 5p.m. you’ll probably find her in the library.  However, during the weeknights and the weekends you may also see her beautiful face stuffing down white cheddar popcorn at her apartment, taking selfies with her fathead of Luke Bryan, or ordering a Miller Lite at Ale House.

A nursing student at Appalachian State University, Dalton Flynn decided she wanted to be a nurse during her freshman year of high school. Then, when she began touring colleges she only applied to ones with notable nursing programs.

Appalachian State, about an hour and a half drive from her hometown Winston-Salem, was the winner.

Dalton says the best part of nursing school so far is being in clinicals and interacting one-on-one with patients.

“Working so closely with patients really validates that I chose the perfect profession,” Dalton said. “I really can’t wait to be a nurse for the rest of my life.”

To further her nursing career, Dalton will be interning this summer in the Intensive Care Unit at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem. You go girl!!

Dalton is also the upcoming treasurer of the Student Nursing Association as well as the Vice President of Membership of Sigma Kappa sorority.

Single and ready to mingle, Dalton’s perfect date would be a good dinner with good conversation with Kilwins for dessert. On Wednesdays you will probably find her at Tapp Room with a margarita in hand and on Saturdays she loves eating Dos for dinner and being able to get into Klondike in less than 20 minutes.

If you really want to impress her you can buy her VIP tickets to see Luke Bryan, help her study for her nursing boards, or travel with her to all 50 states. She also loves “The Office” so you may want to brush up on your knowledge of the characters and plot summary before you take her out.

Last but not least, in ten years she hopes to be married with a family and to have her dream job as a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit. Your hard work will pay off girlfriend.

Best wishes to Dalton as she starts her internship soon and may the odds of getting into Klondike be ever in her favor! 

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.