Workin’ On Her Fitness: Jackie White

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.
Name: Jackie White 

Major: Exercise Science Pre-Professional 

Age: Junior 

Hometown: Weaverville (Asheville)

Campus involvement: Zumba, Water aerobics, and Barre instructor, zUREC council, Group Fit Cardio programmer, exercise science club 

What made you to choose your major?
It’s a good starter program for going to Physical Therapy school. I’ve always been fascinated by how the human body works and I love being able to work with people in general. Especially with rehabilitation to get them back to their normal lives. And I don’t like sitting behind a desk all day long. 

How did you become an instructor? 
I went to group fitness classes my freshman year and loved them. One of my instructors told me I should do it, so I got my certification and went through Apps fall training and started teaching in the Spring and I’ve been doing it ever since.

Overall, what are your career goals?
Short term, graduate and get into PT school. I think it would be neat to work at a prestigious place, like a research or outpatient clinic some day. 

What do you love most about yourself?
I guess I like my spunky attitude and how I’m always willing to try something new. 

Where can we find you on a Sunday afternoon? 
Either at home on a couch doing homework or out running on the Greenway. 

What is left on your Boone bucket list?
I would love to go on more hikes and learn how to try snowboarding. 

What do you love most about App? 
I love the atmosphere and the people. That’s most definitely why I picked App. Plus I love the fall. It’s super pretty. 
Katy Crisp

App State

If you enjoy tacos and really bad puns, come sit by me.