The Woman We Should All Be Looking Up To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

These days, media is filled with crazy movie stars who are known for their drug exploitations, or cutting off all their hair, or heck, even riding a wrecking ball naked. But what ever happened to the movie stars that we really should be looking up to? What happened to the stars that demonstrated grace, modesty, and true beauty all throughout their lives? In recognition of her 85th birthday on May 4, 2014, Audrey Hepburn is always a name that comes to mind when thinking of classy movie stars that changed the world for the better.

Why is Audrey so great? Well, I’ll tell you why:

1. She escaped the holocaust.

She’s originally from Holland and lived there during WWII. Her family was very affected by the war and was liberated in 1945. After liberation, she continued to study ballet in Amsterdam and London until her big acting break in 1951.

2. When Audrey became a legend:

She led an amazing acting career based on her hard work and dedication to succeed. She first became famous from her film, Roman Holiday (which is fantastic, you need to watch if you haven’t) and continued acting until 1975.

3. She was devoted to changing lives.

From 1975 on, Audrey Hepburn devoted her life to caring for children as a UNICEF International Goodwill Ambassador. She reported the poor conditions children were living in third world countries and reported it to world leaders to help these children’s situations. Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund has also been created to carry on the legacy she gave. 

Audrey Hepburn is known for her everlasting grace and beauty. She is someone we should all look up to because she demonstrated poise and grace throughout her entire life and devoted her life to changing the world for the better.