nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Happens on Friday Night: Single Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

1. You have two options for the weekend. Netflix or the bars.

2. If/when you choose to go to the bars, you take 30 minutes to decide the perfect balance between revealing and classy in your outfit so that at least the creepy guy at the bar will tell you that you look nice and/or just buy you a drink.

3. No matter how few friends you take, you always have trouble deciding on the most happenin’ bar that night.

And you’re usually wrong, but hey at least you have options.

4. Once at the bar, you regret your outfit choice because that one adorable dreamy guy who is great at dancing, that you really wanted to be there, turns out to be just some too-drunk-loser, who is spilling the drink he didn’t offer to buy you, over your new $50 shirt.

5. Or sometimes you end up buying people drinks. And later forget your debit card at the bar when you’re too drunk and trying to leave.

6. If you were smart and decided to stay in to binge watch Netflix and eat double stuffed oreos til your heart’s content, that kind of shapes how the rest of your weekend will go.

And who knows, maybe you’ll never have to leave the house, which means you won’t even have to change your shirt or wash your hair. Bonus.

7. It’s probably pretty likely the shows you’re binge watching are all a bunch of episodes you’ve seen three times already.

8. When you wake up the next morning with previously stated box of oreos upside down on your bed, you also realize that your apartment is disgusting and now there are crumbs in your bed.

9. After you finish the TV series, you reach the hardest decision of the weekend: Do you start a whole different show or actually begin working on the piles of homework you’ve been avoiding all weekend?

10. When Sunday rolls around, don’t look back on your weekend with regret, and sadness. Just know that you probably enjoyed yourself more than half of the people in relationships anyway, and even if you didn’t, Trivia Tuesday is only two days away.