This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

About a week ago, I received my very first smart watch from an amazing friend who sold one to me for a great price. And not just any ordinary smart watch, but the Apple Watch. 

The Apple Watch is something I’ve always been intrigued by. When it first came out, I thought it was honestly pointless. The whole “wow” factor was that it was just a watch that you could download phone apps onto, text from, and answer phone calls with. Why would you want another phone, but way smaller and on your wrist? 

Since I had the opportunity to get the device for such a low price, I decided to try it out. After a week with it, I finally understand why people have been SO obsessed with it and why I see one on the wrist of practically every college student I pass by on campus. 

Most professors can be very picky about having phones out in class, so it’s nice being able to see my notifications and know when I’m getting a new text by feeling a little buzz on my wrist. I’ve also gotten very good at scribble texting, which is not as hard as I thought it would be initially. 

Although a lot of the major, well-known apps like Twitter have done away with their Watch apps, I don’t find myself really needing them. It’d be nice to mess around with, but I honestly don’t even know if it’d be worth it to use Twitter on a small watch screen.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Apple Watch. I did get mine for a highly discounted price, so maybe my opinion would be skewed if I had paid the full $200-$300+. As for now, I absolutely love being able to see my incoming notifications without having to pull my phone out of my bag because I’m sure we’ve all been in the situation where our bookbag/purse seems like an endless black hole. 

Sources:

giphy.com