The Top Blogs You Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Blogging has picked up some speed in the past few years and it’s only getting trendier. There are about a million and three blogs out there, so which ones should you follow? Here’s some favorite blogs of mine, which I hope will become your favorites as well. If you have a blog suggestion, be sure to leave us a comment so we can spread the word!

A Beautiful Mess
Do you know that girl who was always fashion forward, crafty, had the cute boyfriend, AND was super nice? Well, that about wraps up Elsie, the blogger behind A Beautiful Mess. Her blog is full of the craftiest DIY projects, recipes, fashion, photography, décor, and so much inspiration it’ll blow your mind. Elsie and her team update the blog constantly and will never leave you short of any inspiration. Not to mention, she co-founded a boutique called Red Velvet alongside her sister with the most unique, eccentric, and vintage items. Go be friends with the most inspiring blogger out there!

Rockstar Diaries
Take the cutest couple possible, add the cutest baby in the mix, and don’t forget the bulldog and you’ve got Rockstar Diaries. Naomi shares bits and pieces of her married life in Washington D.C. with her readers and you get completely sucked it. Her daughter Eleanor is probably the most adorable baby I have ever met (well, seen) and you can’t help but want to read all about their fascinating life. Even if Naomi doesn’t blog about fashion directly, you get to see her fashion throughout the blog and you can’t help but be inspired by it! She makes me feel like all I need are my thick-rimmed glasses, red lipstick, a cute baby and husband by my side, and I can take on the world.

Kiss My Wisk
Finally! A food blog! Not only is this one of the cutest blog names I have come across, but also I literally drool all over my keyboard every time I visit Kiss My Wisk. It’s literally like the foods pin board you make on Pinterestall on ONE blog and yes, I am about 100% positive every one of you on Pinterest has a food board. Her recipes include everything from lunch, dinner, appetizers, and desserts. Okay, I think I’m going to take a five-minute break from this article and plan all my meals next week based on her blog!

Katie’s Pencil Box
If I could aspire to be like one blogger, it would definitely be Katie’s Pencil Box. Her photos are absolutely beautiful and she doesn’t leave you short of an inspiring life. She shares her passions, love, and gratitude for her life and she makes you feel at home just by reading her blog. She is definitely a blogger I would love to sit down with at a coffee shop and bond over her beautiful pencil skirts and life as a mother. Even if I am not in the same stage of life she is, I feel like I could definitely relate to her. Oh, and I love her hair and when she shares her favorite tunes randomly in her posts!

[pagebreak]

My Suitcase Heart
Janis’ blog, My Suitcase Heart, inspired me to take more photos of my life and record the everyday moments. After I stumbled upon her blog one day, I don’t think I’ve been without a camera since. She lives a very simple (but rewarding) life and that is what’s so beautiful about her blog. You basically feel like she’s just an old friend that you are catching up with every time you visit her blog. She has some of the best friend gatherings I have ever seen and her wedding photos are to die for! Her and her husband Mike are in the top running of best couple ever and their photography duo is out of this world. Follow their journey as newlyweds with their ridiculously beautiful photographs and you’ll see why I got so hooked.

The Daybook
The Daybook is probably the blog you see your classmates looking at throughout class “oohing and ahhing” at. The Daybook is the blog that inspires most of the outfits you see around campus and the infamous top bun and red lipstick look. The Daybook is most likely the blog that all bloggers and their Mom just absolutely adore. I know I do. From her amazing fashion to the cutest baby boy I’ve laid my eyes on, Sydney is one heck of a blogger. She is so honest on her blog, and that’s what makes it so relatable. She’ll inspire your closet, make you laugh out loud, and just make you smile. The Daybook is definitely a blog I check every day.

With the million and three blogs out there, it’s hard to condense a list of my favorite ones. There are so many blogs that I am inspired by and wish I could share them all with you! Be sure to comment and share with us some of your favorite blogs so we can support other bloggers.

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!