Things to Do in the Mountains This Christmas Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

December is finally here, and what better place to spend the Christmas season than in the mountains? Here you can find plenty of things to do, besides making cookies and hot chocolate, to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Visit the Biltmore in Asheville 

From November 3- January 7, the estate will be decorated with Christmas trees, garland, and thousands of lights. It is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit, and get some great Christmas pictures too!                

Chetola’s Festival of Lights

Experience a dazzling array of lights at Chetola’s Festival of Lights. Located in Blowing Rock, the festival is open for the public to enjoy as well as the guests of the lodge.

Try skiing, snowboarding or ice-skating

Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, and App Ski Mountain are great places to try out your skiing, snowboarding and ice-skating skills. If you aren’t up for any of these winter activities, head over to Hawk’s Nest for some snow tubing.

Pick out the perfect Christmas tree

The mountains are filled with choose-and-cut tree farms and are a great place to pick out your perfect Christmas tree. Not only is it a great experience, but you would also be supporting the local community.

Merry Christmas! 

Photo sources:

christmas.jpg

200w.gif

christmas-biltmore-candlelight.jpg

IceSkating_Beech_KyleBeckmann-photo-2622-244×300.jpg