This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Stevie Nicks once said, “Children get older, I’m getting older too.”Here’s to Stevie, and to all the graduating class of 2015.

So you’re close…like, incredibly close right? You’ve got your super cute Lilly dress and strappy wedges all ready to walk across the big stage. Don’t worry…you won’t fall. Your Instagram is on point with throw backs from sophomore year and the parties are the best they’ve ever been right? This is the best part of the year so far, because you even know what college you’re going to and you probably already have your roommate. It’s pretty much the most exciting part of your life thus far.

As you look back you realize it all flew by and sometimes you get that feeling in your stomach and you’re not really sure what it could be…nerves? Anxiety? Anticipation for college?

Savor these moments.

Look around at the faces in your classrooms on the last day. Look around next time you guys are all at a friend’s house. Really study your best friend’s face when you guys go get coffee for the last time.  Cherish these people, and remember these faces because they made you who you are. Whether you realize it or not, your high school years shaped you in so many ways, both good and bad.

Remember those nights you drank way too much and came home way too late? Remember texting your best friend the ever so shameful “what happened last night?” at 7:30 AM the next morning? And who doesn’t remember crying to “strawberry wine…seventeen” or some Dixie chicks song with their BFFs?!

Please, please remember these times, because whether you’re proud of them or not…they made you who you are today.

So maybe remembering your friends is the least of your worries. Maybe it’s him. Maybe you’re worried things will be different in college, or maybe you two are going to different schools. Each situation is different but just know that its such a big exciting world full of possibility that anything can happen. In three years time, you could be engaged to him, or meeting someone new. Don’t sweat it…the world is at your finger tips.

Maybe tomorrow is the day you walk across the stage. You did it! But tonight, I want you to remember each song that made you cry, every time you drank something that made you gag, every song you and your friends got rachet to in the car or on a night out, every stupid picture that was way too bad to post, every moment that made you laugh so hard you cried, every time you got butterflies in your stomach because he came out to the same place as you, or how nervous you felt when he pulled up in your driveway to pick you up. I want you to remember every. single. moment. Because it doesn’t last forever.

And no. It won’t be the best time of your life.

There’s years ahead of you to be lived and loved and to have a blast, so go to college, rush, join clubs, make good friends, and be yourself. That’s so incredibly important. Just be you.

You’ve done it. Congrats Grad! YGG. Cheers!

P.S. DON’T BLOW ALL YOUR GRADUATION MONEY YOU WILL NEED THAT IN COLLEGE WHEN YOURE POOR.

Photo Sources:

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2014/05/graduation-caps-in-air.jpg

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.