Not Your Average Joe, Meet Joe Wrenn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Joe Wrenn is everything but your average Joe at App State. Joe is a social work major with a music minor. Going into his fourth and final year at App State, Joe is a familiar face among the students with his campus involvement. Joe is a member of Enharmonix, a Red Flag Campaign Educator, founder of the SPICE Quaker Community, and a mentor for the Western Youth Network.

As a Red Flag Campaign educator, Joe said that he likes to bring awareness to people about domestic violence, which can be a difficult topic to talk about. The Red Flag Campaign started in 2012 and raises awareness about domestic violence. Joe speaks to different groups on campus to talk about red flags and what a healthy relationship looks like. Joe first got involved with the Red Flag campaign with the help of his brother, who also went to Appalachian State. After years of experience and training, the Red Flag campaign has become one of Joe’s passions. “I think I am passionate about it because it is an issue that has affected a lot of friends and people that I care about.” The Red Flag Campaign is just one of Joe’s passions.

Joe is also a member of the Quaker community on campus, which he started his freshman year with the help of a couple friends. “A Quaker is someone who believes that there is God in everyone and lives that out in their daily life,” said Joe. The Quaker community is small but growing community on campus, which meets once a week. 

As much as Joe is involved here at App State, he said that he truly has a passion and cares for everything he does. “That’s why I spend the time that I do, causes like the Red Flag Campaign,” Joe said.

It’s obvious Joe does not have a lot of free time, but when he does find some spare minutes in his day he enjoys watching television. His favorite show is Parks & Rec, and his favorite places to grab a bite to eat in Boone are Proper, Coyote Kitchen, and Come Back Shack.

Joe is a dedicated student that does everything he can for the students here at App State. The Appalachian family is lucky to have someone who gives back as much as Joe does. 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.