This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I’m always hesitant to try things with subscriptions, either monthly or yearly, especially when it comes to makeup. However, I have continuously heard people rave about the Ipsy brand and the Glam Bags that you receive each month. For only $10 a month, Ipsy sends you about 5 or 6 products to try at the beginning of each month AND a new makeup bag with it. Before you receive a bag, you answer questions pertaining to what you like such as mascara, face masks, and primers, and they do their best to tailor to what you are interested in. So far, I have been overly pleased with high quality products and a decent size of each. Of course, all of the products, besides one are a smaller size, but you do get one regular sized product. Below are the products I received in my first bag for the month of August:

Ipsy also has an app so it tells you things like when your Glam Bag is on the way and more. Ipsy gives you incentives so you can get a sneak peak of what will be in your Glam Bag that month. I have received two Glam Bags for the month of August and September and I have LOVED most of my products. It’s always a given that one or even two products might not be for you, but all you have to do is make sure you review the products and tell them what you do not like and they will most likely not send a product along those lines to you in the next month’s Glam Bags. A plus that I have also found is if you have friends who are also subscribed, you can trade your makeup products! Below are some images of what the Ipsy app looks like and the products that I have received for the month of September:

I have received name brand products such as MAKE UP FOREVER, Smashbox, tarte, MAC, pixi, and the list goes on… I have also been introduced to brands I haven’t even heard of!

If you’re a girl who loves makeup and you don’t have a Sephora or Ulta right around the corner, this is for you! It’s so nice to be able to try new products and to find out what I do and do not like. Once you receive your bag, you review each product so that the company can modify the next bag to more of what you like! Make sure you sign up ASAP because there could very well be a wait list!!

I already cannot wait for my October Glam Bag!