Mr. Steal Your Man: Devin Waddell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Devin Waddell

Major: Interior Design/Building Science

Year: Junior

Mr. Steal Your Man

The one the only, man with a booty that surpasses Beyoncé!

Despite spending all his time at Katherine Harper, I finally got a chance to sit down with this week’s Campus Cutie, Devin Waddell, and talk to him about what made him to decide to bless App State’s campus with his sassy presence and his involvement on campus.

“I decided to come to App State because I loved the vibe of all the people and the atmosphere of belonging to a campus nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Also my cousin went to App State so it was great being able to be close to family,” said Waddell.  

If you are anywhere on campus you have probably seen or run into Waddell since he is so involved with campus activities. Over the years, he has been a Resident Assistant (RA), an interior design ambassador, an International Interior Design Association member, the Secretary of Alpha Phi Alpha, and a member of the marching band’s color guard. 

Waddell is a third year interior design student.  With all his time dedicated to slaving over presentations, stressing over due dates, and praying to get at least two hours of sleep, I asked him how he kept it all together and balanced all his other involvement on campus.

“I’m doing what I’m passionate about. Interior Design has always been something I wanted to do since I was younger. I used to build myself tree houses to take my Barbie Dolls and Legos up to [and] design different structures. I knew there was something I loved about creating things, and envisioning a space using my creative imagination,” said Waddell.   

When I asked him what it was that really made him dedicate himself to interior design, he answered with a story from his childhood.

“One day I was flipping through my television a couple of weeks before Christmas and I saw a Building Magnetic X Builders Kit that I had to have for Christmas. Christmas morning I opened the box and my eye lit up! Immediately I started building when I noticed this extra booklet. Turns out it was a floor plan guide that included graph paper, a scale, furniture template, and different room ideas. When I flipped through the book I started getting more and more excited thinking of all the possibilities. I knew this was a new found hobby. I found myself designing hotel suits, lobbies, office buildings, and houses. After that I began to watch HGTV and decided that I wanted to become an interior designer”.

Waddell’s wild imagination is directly correlated with his Beyoncé inspired personality. Some girls in the Interior Design Program had a few fabulous things to say.  

Kaia: “Devin is one of the sassiest people I know.  And man that DONK!”

Erin: “Devin has such a fun and energetic personality! He makes me laugh every single time I’m with him.”

Sarah: “ I love Devin so much! He always brightens my day whenever he comes into studio!”

Jessica: “ One of the most energetic, loving people I have ever met, of course with a lot of spunk!”

Needless to say, ladies watch out ’cause this man has it all going on! When Devin isn’t stowed away in Katherine Harper being the busy Queen B his is or commiting to all of his other activities he likes to keep that booty in shape by running, swimming and out dancing Beyoncé.  Who can compete with that?!