Meet Robert Purcell, President of Phi Kappa Tau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Robert PurcellMajor: MarketingYear: SophomoreHometown: Hendersonville, NCHobbies: Freeriding and alpine ski racing.

Q: What do you hope to do accomplish this year, being the president of the brand new fraternity, Phi Kappa Tau? A: We’ve got a long road ahead as a colony. I’ll feel accomplished when we sign our names in the fall as Founding Fathers on our charter.

Q: What are the pros and cons of being in charge of a fraternity?A: The con would probably be the fact that I am held liable for 60 individuals. The pros are the awesome results that you can yield when 60 individuals come together with a common vision and goal in life.

Q: What are your favorite things about your fraternity brothers?A: Every guy has something unique to bring to the table and that keeps it entertaining.

Q: What do you enjoy most about Appalachian State?A: What is there to not enjoy about this place? It’s great! I love everything from the campus, to the long haired hippies flipping upside down on the slack lines on Sanford.

Q: Where would you like to see yourself five years from now?A: Five years from now? I don’t know, hard to beat this, just living life.

Q: What else are you involved in on campus?A: I attend Elevation Church on Sundays and am also currently working for Red Bull as a student brand manager, so let me know if you need wings! I show up with the good stuff just about anywhere on campus.