Meet Nikolina Boskovic, Blogger at ASULikeIt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.
Name: Nikolina Boskovic 
Year: Junior
Major: Nutrition
Hometown: Winston-Salem, NC
Q: So, tell me about your blog ASULikeIt.
A: ASULikeIt is a blog which serves to provide a visual outlet for the unique style found in Boone. Rather than capturing style trends around the country, ASULikeIt is a snapshot of college style and life in a small town. 

Q: When was it founded and by who?
A: It was founded in 2011 by Megan Ternes, a former ASU student and friend of mine.

Q: Since founder, Megan, graduated in 2013, what is she up to now?
A: Megan is currently working as a publicist at a music venue in Seattle called Neumos and is the founder of her own personal site, Right Ternes. 

Q: As a Nutrition major, how did you get involved with a fashion blog?
A: I have always had a passion for style and an intrigue with the fashion industry. I believe that personal style is a reflection of one’s subtle personality traits and that paying attention to the way one dresses can reveal much about a person. This blog is a way of sharing my perspective on style and documenting the unique style of a small mountain town. 

Q: What is your favorite part about blogging?
A: My favorite part about blogging is interacting with the stylish people of Boone and figuring out what drives people’s fashion choices.

Q: Is there anything you have coming up we should know about?
A: Look out for new posts about local fashion events! 

Q: How do you promote ASULikeIt?
A: The main way that I promote ASULikeIt is by word-of-mouth and attending various events around town. 

Q: What is your favorite season when it comes to fashion?
A: When it comes to fashion, my favorite season is Autumn. It’s when people pull out their best tweeds, plaids, wools, and furs and wear layers of patterns and textures that look amazing on anyone. For example, wearing tights under jeans and cufng the jeans so that the tights are visible might be a faux pas but it truly looks great when paired with a bootie in the same color as the tights. 

Q: Your blog features student style. Do you find most of them on campus, out on the town, on the street, or other places?
A: I typically spend a lot of time in public places like cofee shops, the student union, and restaurants. I tend to approach people in all of these places if I am impressed with their wardrobe. 

Q: Is there anything else you would like our readers to know?
A: You can never be too overdressed. 

Check out ASULikeIt here.
Senior Marketing and Management major at App State.