This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Nickkole Daniels

Year: Super Senior

Age: 22

Major(s): Accounting & Marketing

Minor: Leadership Studies

Nickname: NickkyDs

Q: Tell me about your past four years at App State.A: They have been crazy. Crazy in the sense that every year, I have lived with different people. Since I have had the chance to live with different people, I feel like I have experienced all App has had to offer. It has made me appreciate the people that I go to school with up on the mountain.

Q: What is your biggest fear about entering “the real world?”A: Currently, scared I am not going to have a job or find a place to live. Basically all the fears that you have when you are about to graduate college. Like having a college degree, but you are not able to put it to use. Right now, I am comfortable in college, and it’s weird to have to start over. I have these groups of friends and people I associate with and I am leaving that all behind to start over. But, saying all of that, I think I’m ready. 

Q: What was your favorite experience here at App State?A: I have so many favorite experiences. I think my favorite experience is living in the APH while not being a member of a sorority. I had the absolute best roommate last year and the girls on the hall were really inclusive and fun and always a good time. There are a lot of memories that I will always cherish for a lifetime.

Q: What are you going to miss about APP State?A:  I am going to miss the people. I am already experiencing that now because the kids that I came in as an incoming freshman have already graduated. I am going to miss being involved in the organizations that I have been apart of such as Student Conduct, Leadership Educators, Emerging Leaders, and many more. I’m really really going to mis the food, good lord. Murphy’s, Sunrise, Woodlands, like every restaurant in Boone, I will miss.

What do you want to be remembered as, as you are leaving college?A: I want to be remembered as a person that created deep relationships with people rather then just surface level. I do not care about the numbers of “Hi’s” I get on campus, I care about the person. I want to know about them and I want them to know about me. I want to walk away with solid relationships with the people that I have chosen to interact with on campus.

Q: What is one thing that you learned in college that you did not learn in a classroom?A: Not only do you have to live in the moment, but also you have to do what makes you happy. The things that you do have to make you happy. For me, that doesn’t mean going out every weekend, one Saturday I might stay in binge watching my favorite show on Netflix. A lot of people are going to tell you, you should go out as much as possible while you can, but college isn’t only about that. It’s about doing what makes you happy even if that means you’re staying in. Following other people’s paths for happiness works in the short term, but eventually you have to figure out for yourself what you actually enjoy doing. Do you and don’t let anybody else tell you otherwise. 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.