The Main Attraction: Grace Goldston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Grace Goldston is known for being a campus celebrity, actress extraordinarie, and all around ray of sunshine. 

Major: Theater Education (Minor: Psychology) 

Age: 20 

Theatrical Performances: 18 

Favorite Boone Outfit: Nike shorts, t-shirt, and Chacos 

Lights, camera, action, Grace is the main attraction! You can find Grace Goldston lighting up any given stage, unless she’s unwinding watching Parks and Recreation or New Girl on Netflix after a hectic day. Goldston just landed the killer role (pun intended) of Liz, the murderess in the school’s performance of Chicago! When asked what she wanted to be growing up, she said, “All I ever wanted to be as a kid was an actress. Now I can see myself as an actress, a high school drama teacher, or a drama therapist.” Grace’s dedication and passion for theater is evident; she began drama camp in the second grade and quickly discovered her love of preforming.

If Goldston isn’t daydreaming about performing beside her idols, Meryl Streep or Jennifer Lawrence, she’s sitting on her back porch and reading a good book and soaking in the glorious Boone weather. Grace enjoys spending her free time going to concerts, different theatrical performances, and having quality time with her friends. Grace says, “Theatre can be used to portray so many different emotions and beliefs. I really love how I can express myself through theatre. Performing is one of my favorite things to do inside the theatre world. It is really hard to describe the feeling I get when I’m on stage. I love everything about it.”

To say Grace does it all is an understatement; she’s involved with Appalachian Musical Theatre Club, a member of Order of Omega, Alpha Psi Omega, Gamma Beta Phi, and Alpha Omicron Pi. Add in the 18 theater performances she has starred in and you have a true superstar!

I asked what quote best descibed her and she said, “I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.” -Audrey Hepburn 

Rachele is a senior at Appalachian State University earning a degree in public relations with a minor in marketing. You can find Rachele running at the Greenway, double-tapping on Insta, or dancing in her kitchen.