This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I consider myself a bit of a TV-junkie, so I would like to share what shows you should be watching this season:

Reality TV:

The Bachelor: Although this show has been on for what seems like forever, it has re-captured me as a viewer with this season’s stud-ly bachelor.  He is good-looking, sweet, and has set the bar pretty high for men around America.   Tune in to ABC Monday nights and watch as Sean Lowe captures your heart as well.

The Biggest Loser: In the midst of all the New Year’s Resolutions, the Biggest Loser came back at the perfect time…and with a vengeance.  Jillian Michaels returns to an emotional and inspirational season.  This year the Biggest Loser is tackling childhood obesity by working with three young children and helping them develop healthy, active lifestyles.  It is moving to see how this show is changing so many lives around the country.  If watching this doesn’t help get you in the gym, I don’t know what will.

Comedy:

Modern Family: I am still wondering why this show is not an hour long!!  Each week, this quirky family leaves me wanting more.  Everyone can relate to this show’s real-life scenarios.  Between Sofia Vergara and Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family can perk up any dreary day.

New Girl: I cannot believe I just started watching this season.  This show is absolutely hilarious.  Zooey Deschanel plays the kooky character, Jess, who lives with three guys.  The unique dynamic between the characters always makes me laugh.  New Girl airs on Fox Tuesday nights at 9.

Drama:

Revenge: After a successful first season, this show came back even better than before.  What began as a young girl seeking revenge on the people who destroyed her father has turned into a web of lies and secrets.  Set in the Hamptons, the characters are every bit as fabulous and conniving as you would expect. 

Scandal: Based off of a real woman, Judy Smith, Kerri Washington plays the “professional fixer” otherwise known as Olivia Pope.  Scandal unveils the corruption that occurs behind the doors of the White House.  Working closely with the President, Olivia Pope erases problems before anyone knows they exist while holding some secrets of her own.

Senior Marketing and Management major at App State.