Hey, It’s OK: Fall Semester Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

After having a relaxing Carolina summer, it can be hard to jump right into the hustle and bustle of fall semester.  You’re used to lazy days on the beach and not setting an alarm for the morning, so getting used to early wake up calls and a full planner can be a rude awakening. Although this time of year can be busy, don’t forget to enjoy yourself because it’s OK…

-…to catch up on homework on Sanford Mall instead of the library. The best of both worlds, right?

-…to buy yourself a new game day outfit. Or three.

-…to rally on game days. In fact, you should.

-…to take advantage of the fact that there are no classes before 12:30 the day of Convocation. If a blizzard can’t even cancel classes, then you should thoroughly enjoy any occasion that will. Give yourself a break. You deserve it.

-…to spontaneously take a drive and enjoy the scenery on the Blueridge Parkway.

-…to admit that you actually enjoy pumpkin flavored anything. I don’t care if I look basic, it tastes good.

-…to plan your Halloween costume a few months in advance. PSA: It’s on a Friday this year. Plan accordingly.

-…to binge watch Netflix over fall break instead of making plans.

-…to be the first one to break out the boots and sweaters, regardless of what everyone else is wearing.   

-…to be extremely jealous of all of the freshmen on move in day because: 1. That means you’re a year older and 2. You’re that much closer to graduation.