The First Week of Classes as told by Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

The first week of classes after a long break is always filled with intense, mixed emotions. 

At first you’re excited to see your friends…

But then the nostalgia sets in. You think back to a week ago when you had no classes and virtually no responsibility. You start to miss home. 

But your sadness doesn’t last long before the panic and anxiety sets in. You start to worry about that awful, required class for your major and you definitely start to dread dealing with your overachieving classmates. 

But then the day comes… It’s the First Day of Classes. Getting up for your 8 a.m. makes you contemplate pretty much anything and everything you can do to get out of going and it reminds you why you don’t like early morning classes. Who even gets out of bed before noon?

Once you get to class, your Professor starts handing out 10 page syllabi and teaching whole lectures like it’s not syllabus week. How dare they?

Nostalgia sets in again as you remember your very first FDOC… Oh to be that young, excited and naive again… But the nostalgia is quickly replaced by panic again as your professor begins to explain the 40 page term paper you will eventually have to write.