This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Wanting to change up your look this spring or simplify your beauty routine? Look no further! We’ve consulted the internet, magazines, and collegiettes to find the best tips out there!

Hair

·Don’t straighten or blow dry hair in the bathroom right after a shower. The leftover moisture may prevent a perfect blowout or increase frizz. Wait until the room cools down or move to another room for a perfect ‘do!

·If you have super long tresses and don’t have time to wash your hair, consider only washing your bangs for a non-greasy looking hair day.

·Instead of shelling out money for top of the line hair products, try an at home hair treatment. Many people swear by products like olive oil, avocado, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and mayonnaise to make hair less frizzy and soft.

Eyebrows and Eyes

·Got unruly brows? Use a clean toothbrush and hairspray to brush them into place.

·To make mascara last longer, put a couple drops of sterile saline solution into the tube. This breaks up the formula and makes lashes look less clumpy.

·Post it notes placed at the side of the eye area can help you get a precise looking liquid eyeliner line.

·In between coats of mascara, run a Q tip with baby powder on it along lashes. This gives the formula more area to hold onto and gives you a falsie look.

·Remove fake lashes in the shower for easy removal.

·Blue eyeliner on your bottom waterline can incorporate a wild color without overpowering your face. Most importantly, it makes your eyes look way brighter.

Photo Source

http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/0dbbe6c0-dfef-11e1-bcea-1d6ac2d4d…

Mouth and Teeth

·Apply a translucent powder to your lips after the first coat of lipstick to make the color last longer. Just be sure to tap it lightly with your finger or better yet a brush. Apply a second coat for your normal look, or leave the one coat for a matte finish.

·Look for toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda to get a whiter smile.

·To avoid getting lipstick on your teeth, stick a finger in your mouth and pull it out to get rid of excess.

·For smoother lips, exfoliate with a toothbrush using either Vaseline or a mixture of honey and sugar.

Skin and Nails

·Use a rubber band around your fingernail to touch up a French manicure.

·If you are in a rush during an at home manicure, submerge your nails in cold water to make them harden quicker.

·Spray perfume in your hair instead of skin to make the scent last longer

·Use honey on dry skin to get rid of dead skin cells. Rinse with warm water to finish.

Photo Source

http://www.depictthis.net/2012/03/how-to-quick-easy-french-manicure.html

Try these tips on a lazy Sunday to see what tricks you want to add to your everyday routine! What tips do you swear by?

I am a Junior at App majoring in Apparel Design and Merchandising. I love dresses, thrifting, playing soccer, reading magazines, celebrity closets, bubble baths, mom & pop restaurants, and giving relationship advice. I hate waking up early, band aids, Dr. Phil, and men with big muscles.