This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I am a plus size girl. This is a fact of life. I have big calves, big hips, basically big everything. And I’m going, to be honest, it’s hard to dress sometimes. From some types of jeans not fitting me right or the overly strong urge to pull on a pair of yoga pants. And it doesn’t help that not many stores have my sizes. And if they do, the patterns or cuts aren’t always the most flattering.

My go-to is Torrid. They carry anything from a size 10 to a size 30. I love their clothes and how they can range from athletic to office worthy. This store also carries Halloween costumes when fall hits, so anybody looking for a costume can check out their site. Their sister company is Hot Topic. I will admit that this store can have its moments of being on the pricier side, but the quality is phenomenal. I have had jeans from them that I have worn for going on three years and they still look decent.

Target is another store that I shop at that has plus sized options that are up with modern fashion trends. Specifically the plus size section of A New Day. Their items are cute, practical, and versatile. I have a few pairs of shorts from this line, but I haven’t experienced much of this brand first hand.

So, I’ve given you stores, now for me to figure out how to put pieces together.

Step one. Comfortable but practical. Seriously. I know the temptation to wear heels and dresses. I say this very lovingly. Don’t do it. If you have thighs and don’t wear shorts underneath, the chafing alone will kill you. Pants aren’t always going to be friendly either. I have split many a pair of jeans down the inseam, and it’s not fun. So, personally, I prefer to wear legging capris, a super comfortable t-shirt, and denim jacket. I swear by denim jackets.

Tuck. Tuck and fluff your shirt when you’re wearing high waisted skirts or pants or shorts. This helps accentuate that amazing waist. It’s also really cute.

Now, a rule I have been told time and time again is that leggings are not pants. I say, forget that. As long as the shirt you are wearing kind of covers your rear, you are set.

This, of course, is all just advice. And it’s coming from my personal opinions and experiences. You do you. You dress the way that you want. Be comfortable in your own skin.