The Best Boutiques in Boone and Blowing Rock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Do you feel limited with shopping because you live in a small mountain town? No Forever 21? No Target?! No worries. Boone and Blowing Rock have some of the best boutiques where you won’t need those chain stores (although I know we love them all). Here’s our guide to where you can still have the feeling of city shopping in our little mountain towns.

1. Lucky Penny

Hands down one of our favorite boutiques. Just located a street away from campus (which can be quite dangerous to the wallet), this boutique has everything and anything for every type of fashionista. There is a huge range of prices and styles to match any fashionista from the casual chic to the vintage inspired and their budget. Plus, they are always handing out 15% coupons, which don’t have an expiration date! With an endless amount of unique accessories, coats, leggings, sweaters, and jeans, Lucky Penny is the go-to place for all you shoppers out there.  They also play records during your shopping experience. How cool are they? I approve!

2. Celeste’s
Located in one of the High Country’s most popular areas, Blowing Rock, Celeste is the place to find fine women’s accessories, home accessories, gifts, and unique items. You will walk in and most definitely walk out with a bag full of unique finds. This boutique has been chosen as one of Southern Living Magazine’s “Favorite Stores,” so you know it’s a shop you must stop by while you’re walking around Blowing Rock. Stay classy and shop at Celeste’s! For some eye candy, be sure to check out the upstairs where they have the Holden Gallery filled with local artwork.

[pagebreak]

3. Gladiola Girls
This is the place to shop! It’s one of the most charming stores right on King Street, seriously. Every time I walk into this store, I am filled with absolute joy and then sadness because I can’t buy everything. You’ll find the most well known boutique labels and up and coming designers. Brands include Free People, Sevens for all Mankind, BC Footwear, American Apparel, Max and Cleo, Tulle, and more! You’ll also find some of the most unique jewelry, shoes, and knowledgeable staff. This is the boutique where you can/should/better treat yourself to something. You’ll feel inspired just by passing their always-fashionable-and-fun window displays.

4. Neaco
Rearranging your apartment or dorm? Want to add a little hipness to your space? Neaco is where it’s AT! Although it’s not “technically” a boutique, it’s truly one of the best places to buy your home décor. From eclectic, innovative, out of the ordinary home accessories to the modern and classic, Neaco has it all. Every piece you buy from here you will want to keep for the rest of your life! For real. Your space will surely stand out with pieces from this home décor boutique and it’s the best place to find gifts for that friend that has everything. They even have an online store. Hide your debit card now!

Who says little mountain cities don’t have shopping for the everyday fashionista? Boone and Blowing Rock won’t disappoint. Make sure to have a budget in mind, because all these cute boutiques will rob your bank accounts blind! 

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!