Appalachian’s Heart of Gold: Meet Torre Moser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Nutrition

Hometown: Cary, North Carolina

Activities: Track and Field/ Cross Country

Relationship Status: Dating

Sitting down with Torre, I couldn’t help but smile at her upbeat personality as she answered all of my questions. Not only is she one of my dearest friends, but one of the greatest people I’ve ever met.

We chatted about our days for a few minutes until I asked her what she looked for in a man. She said there are “many key qualities,” such as a man who can be social by himself and pretty independent; one who doesn’t have to be attached to you at all times. She also went on to say she needs a man who is very considerate of her feelings and time commitments, meaning someone that respects her space, recognizes her needs, and reacts well to them. Becuase school is so important to her, she prefers a wise man, one who has experienced life and the lessons it has to offer, an athlete, as she is incredibly active, and Christian man who shares the same beliefs she does.

Torre is a member of Appalachian State’s Track and Field team, as well as the Cross Country team. 

When she isn’t running or preparing for a meet, Torre is hanging out with friends, which she “sometimes, accidently” puts before school (oops), stealing Erik the dog from her brother, and singing to the beautiful music she plays on the piano. She will deny how talented she is, but don’t let her modesty fool you. 

Once we got past the basics, I asked her what her ideal date would be, and let me tell you, she was prepared for this question!

Her exact words were, “chillin’ on a day going through the normal routine, you know, life, and I come home to an outfit already picked out with note saying something along the lines of ‘wear this and be ready at this time.’ I get ready, put the outfit on, lookin’ all good, hair, make up,  shaved legs,the works, and he picks me up. We have a nice, fancy dinner, we laugh a lot, that’s a must, and it goes great. He takes me around town, any town – small, big, I dont care- and we walk around all the streets, every street, holding hands, maybe, not a big hand holder, but maybe I’ll make an exception for the best date in the world. We don’t want the night to end, right? So, then we get coffee because that’s a big part of my life, like say the words ‘coffee’ and we are dating, and we drive around, look at beautiful stars, views, talk all night, snuggle, kiss my forehead, maybe a goodnight kiss if it’s feeling right and call it a night.”

She is a woman who knows what she wants.

Now that we know what kind of date she dreams of and the qualities she needs in her ideal man, I asked what her dream job was, taking school out of the equation. She got this little twinkle in her eye and said that her dream job was to be a mother. She wants nothing more than to wake up everyday, early, go for a run with her dog, and come back home to a sleeping, quiet house. She wants to make breakfast for her husband and kids, take the time to wake each of them up, and spend a calm, morning with them until her husband goes to work and she drops the kids off. Running errands, leaving sweet surprise notes around the house, and having dinner cooked so her home is cozy when all the “humans” come home is all she wants.

Because Torre has such a golden sense of humor, her goal before she graduates is to put googly eyes on all the statues on campus.

If she wanted Appalachian State to know anything, it’s to come talk to her. She loves getting to know people on an intimite level and wishes she could know every person on this campus. 

If you’re looking for a woman of God, a golden heart, an exciting sense of humor, an athletic superstar, or an amazing friend, Torre is the girl for you. 

Jennifer is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Sociology. When she isn't writing, Jennifer is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta-Nu Alpha, is writing music, is making your favorite coffee, stopping every stranger on the street to pet their dogs, probably napping, and giving glory to The Lord for all of the opportunities she has been given.