Anxiety Answers for the Collegiette

Posted -

We all know what it feels like to be stressed out. You have a million assignments due, a test tomorrow, two loads of laundry waiting to be washed, and you can’t remember the last time you got a good night’s rest. The freak out mode begins, and the next thing you know, you’re too stressed out to even begin your long to do list. Thankfully, you aren’t alone! Countless girls across the country are experiencing the same kind of anxiety.

Why do I feel this way?
Have you ever taken a step back and wondered when it got so hard to handle the everyday stresses of life? Why did things seem so much easier in high school? These questions can be answered by two words: Transition and pressure.

Transition – We are now at a point in our lives where we can no longer be considered children. For the most part, we live on our own, cook our own meals, and rely on ourselves to get through our everyday problems. This is an exciting time in our lives and also a stressful one. Rather than only thinking about Friday night football, school dances, and not getting along with your parents, we have to add on the stress of deciding majors, paying the bills, graduating on time, and finding a job. There is a lot on the plate of a college girl!

Pressure – The idea that making a bad grade will stop us from getting the job we want constantly looms over any collegiette’s head. We are expected to not only juggle our new found adulthood, but also countless assignments, papers, internships, and extracurricular activities. It’s easy to forget about other important things such as a good night’s rest, eating healthy, and having time for yourself. 

Comments