6 Reasons We’re Excited for Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

This semester has been a long and winding road. Finally it is time for a period of rest and relaxation before second semester and we couldn’t be more excited.

1. SLEEP! You might be one of the fortunate souls who always gets 8+ hours of sleep a night and has time to take daily naps, and in that case, you’ll have unlimited time over break to participate in your favorite pasttime. But if you’re like the rest of us, winter break is a time to catch up on the sleep lost throughout the semester.

2. Friends from home. Friends from home are some of the best friends we have and we’re excited just thinking about the impending moment of being reunited. We’ve been waiting all semester for this. It’s as if we’ve been walking around App as Meredith Grey without Cristina Yang or as Blair Waldorf with out Serena van der Woodsen.

3. Our pets. Cuddly, fuzzy and warm. We miss our pets dearly throughout the semester, especially during times of crisis. Besides, being obsessed with your pet is a socially acceptable form of insanity.

4. Our home jobs. So this one can be pretty bittersweet. Maybe our Winter Break is supposed to be a break from working, so there’s that. But going home for a month allows us to return to our home jobs which means two wonderful things: being reunited with our favorite coworkers and money. We all know we could use a little extra money, especially around the holidays.

5. Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. A wise man once said, “there’s no place like home for the holidays.” And another also said, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year.” There’s nothing like putting the Christmas tree up or sticking the Menorah in the window in your own home, surrounded by family.

6. New Year’s. New Year’s Eve is an exciting time. A new year brings anticipation, celebration and excitement for the upcoming adventures and memories to be made. It’s also the close of another year and an opportunity for a fresh start with 2015. 

Sources:

tumblr_mejscrZKrs1rj18rno1_500.gif

jennamarbles.gif

b88ff971e147f2ef78924f205fbf553e8b0986ee4a078cca67610e3d865c008d.jpg

giphy.gif

Jordan-Belfort-Throws-Out-Money-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

signs-youve-been-friends-for-too-long-4.gif

leonardo-dicaprio-celebrate-gif.gif