6 Fall Recipes Everyone Should Try

Posted -

Autumn is finally here and it has brought all of our favorite things with it. Deep colorful leaves, sweatshirts, hot coffee, cooler weather, football games, bonfires, boots, scarves, and the best thing…the flavors! Along with fall comes pumpkin spice, hearty soups, harvest apples, cheesy dips, toffee mochas, and everything warm and delicious. There’s nothing wrong with adding a few layers of blubber to stay warm for the winter, right? Well here are 6 Autumnal recipes that will have you wishing for fall year round.

1. Need something to warm up with while watching a football game? This delicious Taco Soup will do the trick! Don’t forget to top it with cheddar cheese, sour cream and maybe even some crunched up tortilla chips!

Taco Soup

Ingredients/Directions:
Boil and chop about 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
Sautee one large onion and 1 clove of minced garlic in a few tablespoons of oil.
Add chicken to onions in a large pot.
Then add the following ingredients
Two 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
Two cans Ro-Tel tomatoes
Two cans black beans,
Two drained cans of yellow corn,
1 can chicken broth
2 packages taco seasoning
You can add a little water, if needed. Simmer together for about 10 minutes, and you're ready to go!

2. Are you always waiting for the pumpkin spice latte to return to the Starbucks menu? Well, while you’re stuck in Boone without the delicious drink, why not try these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins? They’re sure to suffice!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
2 boxes of Pillsbury yellow cake mix (just dry mix, don’t add other ingredients listed on directions)
1 29 oz can of Libby’s pure pumpkin
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp of nutmeg

Blend with a mixer and spoon into greased mini muffin tins, bake at 350 for roughly 20 minutes, and enjoy the deliciousness! 

3. Don’t get me wrong, I love sweet stuff, but I am a total sucker for a good hearty dip. Sit me down with a bag of tortilla chips and dip, and I’m set! This yummy Vidalia onion dip is perfect for tailgating, birthday get togethers, or any fun fall festivity!

Vidalia Onion Dip

3 Cups finely chopped onions
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups grate Swiss Cheese
¼- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix onion, mayo, swiss cheese and Tabasco sause. Spread in 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with chips or crackers. Enjoy!

Comments

About The Author

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login