5 Discount Websites You Should Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Let’s be real… we all love discounts and online shopping, so when the two are combined, you just can’t go wrong! Whether you’re looking for something new to buy, or just finding a way to pass the time in a boring class, here are 5 discount website everyone should know about:

1.  Gilt
Gilt.com is a discount website that offers designer clothes, shoes, and accessories for women, men, and children.The website also includes a home section that offers a number of discount home furniture, appliances, etc.Gilt Taste has sales including everything from meat to pantry to beverages as well as recipes.Gilt city has thirteen cities to choose from across the U.S. or you can choose the national link for discounts nationwide.These deals include events, restaurants, and more.The travel section has sales for national and international vacations.Some deals include airfare, hotels, and even meal plans.This website is free to sign-up and they send you daily emails that notify you on their latest updates.Another great thing about Gilt is that when you invite your friends you get $25 when their first order ships!

2.  Hautelook
Hautelook.com is a Nordstrom company that offers members daily discount events.It is free to join and when you invite your friends, Hautelook rewards you a $10 credit.This website is updated daily with beauty, home, clothing, shoe, and accessory designer discounts.This is a good place to find affordable designer items.The site also does Sunday blowouts with additional deals and discounts.Hautelook is currently doing a “shoe sprint” offering shoes at increments from under $25 all the way up to $150 allowing them to entice members of all budgets.

[pagebreak]

3.  Living social
Livingsocial.com is a great website that offers local and national deals and both national and international escapes.It is free to sign up for living social deals and show you deals regarding your location.Living social offers deals ranging from dentist discounts to iPhone armbands. This site also has terrific vacation packages which can be convenient when choosing future spring break plans.

4.  Groupon
Groupon.com is a website that gives you sales based on your location.There is no fee to sign up and Groupon will then send you discounts specific to your area.These deals include food & drink, events & activities, beauty & spa, fitness, health, home & auto, shopping, and education.There are deals for everything you could imagine.Groupon is currently doing a spring break special that includes deals for waxing, waterproof cameras, designer sunglasses, and much more.Hurry up and sign up while the spring break offer lasts!

[pagebreak]

5.  My Perfect Sale
Myperfectsale.com is a members-only website that is owned by Pop Sugar.This website features discounts on designer apparel, shoes, bags, and accessories.This website allows you to customize the designers you are interested in and sends you discounts based on those interests.My perfect sale does not sell discount merchandise, but, instead, directs you to sales all over the internet.This site shows the item discount price, original price, occasionally free shipping promo codes, and links you to the website selling at that price.This website lets you see competitive sale prices and how many times that item has been marked down (first reduction, second reduction, etc.).There is no fee to join and this is an easy way to find the best price without searching all over the internet.

Senior Marketing and Management major at App State.