yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Classic Halloween Movies to Binge Watch on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It is Halloween in the middle of the week, in a college town. There may be some things going on here and there, but nothing really worth venturing out in the Boone cold for with class the next morning. What can you do to celebrate? Binge watch these classic Halloween movies, of course!

1. Hocus Pocus

Yeah, yeah, we all know Hocus Pocus is the best Halloween movie of all time. It is a no brainer to watch this one on Halloween. Let’s be honest, you haven’t actually celebrated Halloween unless you have watched this movie.

2. Halloweentown

Oh, my childhood. Yet another classic and must watch to fully celebrate Halloween. Who doesn’t want to be immersed in a world where Halloween is basically every single day???

3. The Haunted Mansion

I may or may not have a soft spot for Disney movies. However, this movie also has an awesome ride in Disney World, so you know it must be good. It has a mix of scary stuff, but also some comic relief so it isn’t as scary as it may seem.

4. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

If you don’t watch Charlie Brown specials every holiday, what kind of monster are you? This doesn’t have all the scary stuff, but it is a classic every parent made their child watch as a kid before trick or treating every year. Why not carry on the tradition with a bucket of candy??

5. Beetlejuice

I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like this movie, and for good reason. This classic is a MUST for Halloween, or really any time. Like Haunted Mansion, it mixes creeps with comic relief, so is it really that scary? I just really love this movie.

Going out on Halloween? Use our hashtag, #HCAppStateGetSpooky to enter to win some prizes from our Survival Kits!

Photos:

http://teamlongenecker.com/2017/10/19/halloween/

giphy.com

Christiana is a Senior at Appalachian State, where she is an Elementary Education major. She is the Editor in Chief of Her Campus App State and a sister of Sigma Kappa Sorority and serves as her chapter's Vice President of Scholarship. In her free time, Christiana likes to look at cute pictures of puppies, watch Netflix, and eat Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. She hopes to be a Kindergarten teacher one day, and to be a role model for elementary schoolers everywhere.