5 Cheesy Quotes You Should Live Your Life By

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

5 Cheesy Quotes You Should Live Your Life By. 

1. When’s the last time you did something for the first time?

This is definitely my favorite quote of all time. It’s a cute little reminder that you should always try new things because you never know what you might be good at, or what might make you happy! Whenever I’m feeling bashful and I’m scared to do something new I say this to remind myself that I should never have to look back too far to when I last took a chance. And I (almost) never regret it. 

2. Do one thing a day that scares you. -Elanor Rosevelt

This one is kind of like the first one, but it takes it to a new level. Instead of just doing something new, this quote challenges you to do something that scares you, even if you’ve done it a million times before. For instance, if you’re a shy person, try talking to that cute guy in class for the first time. Terrifying, but it could end up in your favor! There was even a book written about this quote called My Year With Elenor by Noelle Hancock where she literally does something every single day of the year that scares her, like skydiving and drag racing! I highly recommend it if you’re looking for some inspiration.

3. The grass is geener where you water it. -Neil Bringham

You have to admit, college is tough. There are weeks with so much work that you may literally go crazy, and top on that trying to meet someone or keep up with your relationship with a boyfriend without sacraficing friend time. This quote reminds you that, while it may seem like the grass is always greener on the other side, you can always make the grass greener right where you are.  Make sure to water your grass when times get rough. Get some work done a few days early so that you can have a date or girls night. Plan fun things on the weekend to look forward to during the week. It’s all up to you. 

4. A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

This is another quote for those rough days when you need a little push. There’s no one with a perfect life, and sometimes, bad things just happen no matter what you may try to do to prevent it. But the beautiful thing about tough times is that you always come out a better person in the end. There is always a lesson to be learned from any situation, especially bad ones, because you can figure out how to make sure they never happen again. Or, if it’s out of your control, you can learn how to cope and move forward with your life. When it seems like times are the toughest, just remind yourself that one day you might be glad it happened.

5. Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary. 

I think with so much about relationships floating around us, whether it’s on TV, the internet, or on your couch with your roommate, we forget that not every relationship is worth having. Sure, it’s great to have someone around who likes you and makes you feel nice, but why settle for someone who’s so-so just because they’re someone. Remind yourself that one day you’re going to meet someone who loves the hell out of you. Why settle for anything less?