This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s getting to that point in the semester when all the pretty, warm Boone days have turned into cold and rainy ones, and all you want to do is stay in your room and never come out. So, naturally, you get on your laptop and start watching Netflix because homework just doesn’t seem like the most fun thing to do at the time and it will just have to wait until later. Here are my top five favorite shows, that, I will admit, I’ve binge-watched without a single ounce of regret.

Breaking BadEvery episode pulls you in. An ordinary chemistry teacher gets diagnosed with cancer and starts making meth to secure his family’s financial future. It keeps you on the edge of your seat constantly wondering how he pulls off all of it. 

Orange is the New Black. I have never seen anything like it on TV – which is probably what makes it so great and unique. Based on a true story, the series follows Piper Chapman as she serves time at a women’s federal prison for being a part of a drug ring with her girlfriend years ago. It’s vulgar, it’s real and it’s addictive. Consider yourself warned, one episode will easily turn into five. 

The Vampire DiariesIt’s similar to Twilight, but hotter. It’s the perfect mix of supernatural, romance and action. I mean, who wouldn’t want to watch the sexiest guy on the planet (a.k.a. Ian Somerhalder)? Season five is now airing and it’s pretty good. It’s about two brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore (pictured below) in love with Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev). 

The Walking DeadWho isn’t obsessed with this show? If you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out. Currently the number one show on television, and it never disappoints. 

Parks and RecreationI have never laughed so hard. I didn’t think there could be a show more funny than The Office, but this did it. If you’re a fan of The Office you should check this out. Nick Offerman who plays Ron Swanson actually came to do stand up comedy at App and I would’ve given my right arm to be there. They have a Ron Swanson cookie at Appalachia Cookie Co. and a Ron Swanson burger at Galileo’s.