30 Ways To Make Your Day Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

The semester is winding down, which probably means you’re overwhelmed with projects and classwork to complete in the next few weeks, and left with little motivation to get it all done.  Even though some days be stressful and chaotic, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Here are 30 things you can do to de-stress, get motivated, and have a great day!

1. Go get that strawberry frozen yogurt you’ve been craving, or that pastry you’ve been eyeing at a bakery.  You deserve it.
  2. Take a bubble bath. 
  3. Treat yourself to a new beauty product you’ve been dying to try or a fun outfit.
  4. Exercise.  Run, bike, swim, do yoga, do anything.
  5. Take a twenty-minute break from everything stressing you out and sip cup of hot coffee or tea.
  6. Listen to your favorite music.
  7. Get a manicure.  Sometimes it’s just nice for someone else to pamper you.
  8. Call your loved ones. They probably know how to pick you up when you’re down.
  9. Take a scenic drive.  The Blue Ridge Parkway is right at our fingertips—take advantage of it!
  10. Grab a friend and go for a walk.
  11. Read your favorite magazine.  Sometimes school work can be so mundane, take a quick break to read up on fun material like your horoscope, beauty tricks, or new workouts.
  12. Visit the humane society.  Who doesn’t love furry friends?
  13. Take a nap.  Feeling refreshed will do wonders for you.
  14. Get a haircut.  Something different is always a fun change. Even a trim can make you feel better.
  15. Cook yourself a lavish dinner and enjoy the leftovers all week.
  16. Plan a trip. Whether it’s a picnic on the parkway or a trip to a nearby town over the weekend, having plans to look forward to will keep you pushing through the week.
  17. Invest in new school supplies. It’s amazing what a cute new notebook will do for your motivation, and we could all use a little motivation this time of year.
  18. Grab a blanket and lay outside on a sunny day.  A little vitamin D never hurt anyone.
  19. Get organized.  Sometimes just getting yourself together can make you feel better about everything you’ve got to get done.
  20. In getting organized, make a to do list! Sometimes you can have so much to do that you don’t know where to start. Once you’ve got everything you need to get done written down, tackle some of the easier tasks first.
  21. Have a movie night.  Put the homework down and watch a good old chick flick.
  22. Clean your room.  It’s not the most fun task, but de-cluttering your living environment could really help ease other tensions in your life too. Plus, once you’re in the swing of being productive you might be more apt to tackle another task.
  23. Craft something.  Paint, draw—whatever. 
  24. Go thrifting.  You might find some cool treasures for your apartment or bedroom.
  25. Walk down King Street.  There’s tons of interesting stores you might not have been in before.
  26. Have a lunch date with an old friend.  Catching up with them can lift your spirits and put stressful things out of your mind… For a while anyway.
  27. Get some photos developed.  You know you’ve got a million photos on your phone or camera of memorable moments.  Get them developed and put them up in your room!
  28. Go to Durham Park.  Get out of the library and take a study break in Durham park.  You can sit by the stream and soak up a little sun while you’re down there. 
  29. Hammock. 
  30. Get motivated.  Print out motivation quotes or anything that really inspires you and tape it to your bathroom mirror or somewhere in your apartment.  Seeing something inspirational first thing in the morning is a great way to ensure your day is off to a good start.
I am a 2015 graduate of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in communication, journalism. Upon graduation, I moved to Nashville, Tennessee to work for my college sorority, AOII. I am currently the Assistant Director of Communications of AOII and Editor of our internationally-circulated magazine, To Dragma. I'm a fitness enthusiast through and through. I love weightlifting, running and boxing, and I am always up for a new workout! I am also a coffee addict with a killer sweet tooth. When I'm not at work or at the gym, you can find me scoping out the latest and greatest coffee and donut spots in Nashville.  I've been part of the Her Campus team since 2012, when I joined App State's team of writers. I was the CC of my chapter my senior year, as well as a Chapter Advisor. I have remained a CA since graduating, and I love having the opportunity to stay connected to Her Campus in this role!