10 Types of People You Find in the Belk Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

1. The NewbieYou can always spot the newsbies. You can usually find them of the first floor because they are not yet comfortable exploring the rest of the library. Typical newbie behavior includes looking around every five minutes to see who is sitting next to them, scoping out where the closest printer is, or debating if they should pack up all of their stuff just to go to the bathroom.

2.     The Social Butterfly

You guessed it, the social butterfly is almost always on the second floor. Who really knows if they have actual schoolwork to get done… But one thing is certain–socializing is on the top of their priority list.

3.     The Nuisance

The nuisance is spread throughout the library. On the second floor, it could be someone talking or laughing way to loud. On the third floor it is someone tapping their pen or constantly smacking their gum. You might even find someone of the fourth floor snoring too loudly while sleeping. Whatever it is, it is annoying and you want them to stop.

4.     The Love-Birds

Do you really feel like the library is an appropriate place to express your love for one another?  Stop giving each other smothering kisses and playing footsie under the table and start studying. We get it, you love each other. Go love each other in your dorm.

5.     The Procrastinator

The procrastinator is typically on the third floor, because they know they have to get serious work done. The procrastinator also might start off their night with a quick-little crying session because they are overwhelmed by their to-do list. That 20-page paper might have been assigned a month ago, but the night before it’s due seemed like a good time to start….

6.  The Drama Queen

The drama queen in the library is always talking about how much her life sucks and how much more stressful her classes are than anyone else. Yeah, we all have five papers and two tests in one week, but try not to complain so much about it.

7.     The All-Nighter

The all-nighter typically shows up around 6 or 7 p.m. and they know they are in it for the long haul by their pajamas and abundance of snacks in hand. Once they find a table, they are not getting up.

8.     The Group Project Gang

Where else are you going to meet for a group project? The library is the perfect place. You see those miserable-looking kids at that huge table not socializing? Chances are they are cranking out a group project. 

9.     The Greeks

Greeks are also easily spotted with Greek letter stickers on their laptops sitting in packs on ten. The library is Greek life’s second home.

10. The Studious

The studious studiers always come to the library prepared. They bring extra water, snacks, and work constantly while there. Their space is usually secluded and always organized. They are the few that use the library properly. 

Images: 

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206158592642364045527.0004d71c4daef…

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-must-be-new-here

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.