What to Wear for Thanksgiving: 4 Outfits to Celebrate in Style

It’s nearly time for one of our favorite holidays—Thanksgiving! It’s the season for reflection, relaxation and, of course, food. We all have plenty to be thankful for, whether it’s your family, friends, that special someone or a little free time to chill out. We’ve picked out some of our favorite looks to celebrate this delicious holiday in style, no matter what your plans are.

Home for the Holiday

Bellfield Quilted Sweater With Tapestry Detail, ASOS  $56.95

1969 Legging Jeans, Gap $69.95

Chain Link Necklace by Hive & Honey, Piperlime  $48

DV Dolce Vita Smoking Flats – Fiera Jeweled Heel, Bloomingdale’s  $79

You’re probably counting down the days until you can take a break from classes and head home for a little R&R. After all, nothing says Thanksgiving like your mom’s pumpkin pie.

Opt for a cozy and comfortable outfit that’s casual enough to wear around the house but dressed up just enough for the holidays. These stretchy jeggings from the Gap are a wardrobe staple; they’ll go with anything and they’ll leave you a little extra room for a second helping of sweet potatoes. Pair them with this roomy fall sweater from ASOS; the rich oxblood color is a new fall classic and the floral patches make it unique and quirky. Dress it up with this black and gold chain necklace from Piperlime to make the look feel more festive. These Dolce Vita smoking flats will be comfortable enough for lounging around the house or doing some last-minute grocery runs, and they have just the right amount of bling for the holidays.

Veg Out

Boyfriend Pant, Victoria’s Secret  $46.50

Knitted Angora Mix Rib Jumper, Topshop $76

Ribbed Top, H&M $9.95

Minnetonka ‘Cally’ Slipper, Nordstrom  $36.95

After you’ve consumed more turkey, stuffing and pie than you ever thought one person could eat, chances are you’ll be ready to plop down on the couch and settle into a nice, long food coma. Once the relatives are gone, it’s time to get comfy and watch some classic Thanksgiving movies. Nothing says “relax” like some fleece boyfriend pants from Victoria’s Secret. They’re oh-so-soft and the relaxed fit will be exactly what you’re looking for after your feast. Layer an oversized sweater, like this one from Topshop, over a simple tank to hide that Thanksgiving food baby while staying warm and cozy. Keep your feet toasty in these fleece moccasins from Nordstrom; they’re a must for lounging around the house. This look is perfect for curling up on the couch with your family or friends. Now kick back and enjoy your break!

Meeting the Parents

Somerset Dress, Anthropologie $168

Turquoise Pendant Necklace, Banana Republic $49.50

Crown Vintage Ivvy Bootie, DSW  $69.95

Cooperative Working Lady Satchel Bag, Urban Outfitters  $49

So that cutie you’ve been dating wants you to come home with him for Thanksgiving to meet his parents. You’re so excited about taking this big step in your relationship, but what on earth will you wear? You’ll want to impress his parents while still keeping it casual enough for a family dinner.

Try this dress from Anthropologie; it’s modest enough for meeting his mom but it’s still flirty for your guy, and the skirt is the perfect combination of fall colors. You’ll be grateful for the sweater top when your guy takes you on a chilly outdoor tour of his hometown. Bring out the blues of the dress with this necklace from Banana Republic. Add these brown booties from DSW; the heel will keep your outfit a little sexy, but it’s chunky enough that you won’t be overdoing it. Finish off the look with this brown satchel from Urban Outfitters to carry all your essentials. His parents will be fawning over you from the moment you arrive!

Dining in the Dorms

Poetic Floral Lace Crop Top, Forever 21 $13.80

Shadow Dancer Skirt, Nasty Gal  $58

Lucky Brand Gold-Tone Black Stone Flex Toggle Bracelet, Macy’s  $39

Black 50 Denier Opaque Tights, Topshop  $8

Lolly Boots, Steve Madden  $149.95

If you live far away from school and can’t make it home for the holidays, gather together some friends who are also staying on campus and celebrate Thanksgiving together! Cook up a storm and get dolled up for a Thanksgiving feast in your dorm. Try this lace top from Forever 21 with a faux leather skirt from Nasty Gal. The top is a festive color, but the flirty lace and edgy leather skirt will definitely catch the eye of that boy who lives down the hall. Add some black tights. Polish off the look with a black-and-gold bracelet from Macy’s and lace-up boots from Steve Madden. This look will transition smoothly from a dinner with friends to a party on campus (after you’ve had some time to digest, of course)!

With these cute Thanksgiving looks, you’ll be ready to celebrate however you want! What about you, collegiettes? What will you be wearing for your Thanksgiving festivities? Let us know in the comments below!