We Wondered Why These Denim Things Existed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

As I was window shopping (online version) one evening, I clicked on what I thought were a pair of knee high boots:

While she looks absolutely stunning, the boots still took me by surprise. Out of curiosity, I started peering into the denim world. Some things were outright strange, and others… mm.. still considerably strange, but I might consider them. 

Tell me why these pants cost $95. 

Nordstrom. There’s one review on the page and the customer gave it an impressive 5 out of 5 stars rating. 

“Slick plastic panels bare your knees for a futuristic feel in tapered and cropped high-waist jeans.” 

Just in case you didn’t get a good look at the jean boots earlier. If anyone comes up with outfit ideas with these boots, I would love to hear them. 

These are the infamous and TRUE “Jandals”. Throw on a pair of jean shorts and these stylish jandals for a nice, matching look. 

You can never do with too much denim, right? How about a denim jacket-donning person throwing shade at you with these denim-textured glasses?

Lastly, this are the Picnic jeans. This one is a bit self explanatory. The idea is … to have a (more convenient? and portable?) table thing for a better eating experience… well, it’s a bit ridiculous, to sum it up. But at the same time, it’s also the only one out of this list that I would ever consider wearing and never throw in the wash. 

Bonnie is a sophomore at Amherst College. Even though she studies statistics, she is interested in technology, pediatric medicine, dentistry, education, and public health.  She spends most of her day trying out new things, like eating an ice cream cone while biking or looking for ways to climb onto campus building roofs. "All over the place" would be the best way to describe her.